Tuesday, October 1, 2013

An Ode to my Baby

An Ode to my Baby
Those sparkling eyes
Brought a calm like ice
In a heavy heart
soot with years of dirt
But there you were
Bliss, white as feather
Waiting for a savior
Forgive me a lifetime
For the moment I thought
to walk away from the light
Ignorant, with all my might
Hold on - to my lil finger
Bless me, let the faith linger
Fan my sanity a breeze for eternity
U r the angel ,hold on lil one

The poem highlights the dialectic nature of human emotions. A victorious warrior looking for bounty in the battlefield sees a baby alone. Years of fighting with revenge and finally finding victory, the warrior is surprised to see the baby in a state of bliss because of its pure love and inability to hate anyone. He realizes that the baby is the biggest bounty in his life and becomes its savior but in reality it is the baby which is the savior and is essential for the warrior to repent his sins.

No comments: